About Me

My photo
I am studying Psychology and Sociology at Utah Valley University, and working at a treatment center for troubled teens. I love life, being with people from all cultures, speaking Spanish, and traveling all over the world. I will never stop laughing, dancing, singing, enjoying, appreciating, and just being.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Monday June 27th, 2011

Dear family and friends…

What a crazy Fast week! I cant even tell you how shocked that i am that we are already at the last week before transfers…I feel like I just got here! Time just flys. It has been way fun though - I have really enjoyed my time here…I just love everyone in this area and I feel so at home.

So first things first - I went to an Argentine dentist this morning…its was sooo weird and it made me trip out because I haven’t been to the dentist in over ten months now. I have been trying to look for a legit place to go for weeks and we finally found this cute lady who had this nice little place and its like in her house - haha - its weird - but she did way good and it all worked out. It was cheap too, which was nice….. now I am just hoping it stays in this cavity because my tooth was turning gray and it looked so poor….. I was so over it.

So this week has been intense because as you all know we have been working with More family since I got here, and both the mom and the daughter had a fecha for this weekend the 25th of June, and we were just SO stoked and they were very ready and all was well. But of course just like it states clearly in the scriptures in 2 Nephi 2:11 that there indeed is an opposition in all things and so of course when we are about to hit our highest potential and do something great and succeed, Satan comes around and fills our minds and hearts with doubts discouragement and fear and it is up to us on how we handle those situations and obstacles and feelings. So we had been passing by almost daily to get this family stoked and pumped for their baptism and we even had a noche de hogar with all their family in the house of a member and they just dropped it on us that they didn’t feel ready and they wanted to wait. I was just so depressed and sad, and couldn’t believe it! So we tried keeping up our spirits and told them that we were still going to have the elders come the next day-positive intent- faith - law of attraction…love it…to do their interviews and we were hoping that would help and that would show that they were ready.

So on Thursday all the zone and district leaders came to our area for the whole day to help us with our and interviews for all our investigators to see who is ready for baptism, and when they had already come and were working in our area during lunch I got a call from Raquel the mom and she said they couldn’t do the interview and I was just so sad and upset and confused, and wondering why this was all happening so I told here they were already here and we would just stop by for 30 minutes and she finally agreed and we hung up. We were at lunch with my favorite family and even though we were there I just couldn’t concentrate or talk to anyone because I was so confused and so stressed, and worried about everything that was going on. I felt bad because everyone was all chipper and talking…including my comp…and I just had to do something. We opened up to the scriptures and I shared one of my favorite parts in the Doctrine & Covenants with them……chapter 121 verses 7 and 8. I was just near tears as I read the comforting letters to Joseph Smith from God the Father that peace be unto his soul and that his afflictions would be but a small moment, and if he could endure it well he would endure. Hermana Barbosa then shared with me something she has always loved in the Bible in Revelations I think its in chapter 7 near the end of the chapter, but its talking about all the people of the world of every color, every language speaking corner and country of the World being and reuniting together all Dressed in White and with Jesus Christ and those people there are the ones who have overcome and conquered their trials and hard times THROUGH the atonement of Jesus Christ on the Earth, and he has been the one that will dry the tears from our eyes.

9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honor, and power, and might, be unto our God forever and ever. Amen.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, what are these which are arrayed in white robes? And whence came they?
14 And he said to me, these are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
17For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

I was just so moved by both of these scriptures and just pictured Joseph Smith the prophet of God just wondering why he was feeling so left alone and how long would he have to endure this pain and hardship and trial and suffering and I just could hear those words of my Heavenly Father telling me peace be unto your soul…there is also a part in chapter 122 of D & C that talks about… the Son of man hath descended below all things art thou greater than he…

And I just thought of the things that Christ suffered for me…….and how could I ever feel that something I was going through was above he and that I wasn’t able to endure it…so I was just so inspired in this moment and I just decided to let go of all my fears and sadness and doubts and put them into God and Christ’s hands and will and leave it all up to them, and whatever was meant to be I was willing to follow. So after this lunch we went over to their house with the Elders and they got interviewed and passed and as both came out Raquel said she wanted to wait and Marilin the daughter said she was going to pray about it and think about still doing it on her own. So the next day we passed and had just been praying with all our might and hearts hoping she would get an answer to still get baptized on Saturday and we really just tried to keep up the faith.

As we passed around 4 pm on Friday with some members, Raquel still seemed unsure about it and wanted to wait because her husband wants her too and then it was truly a miracle Marilyn comes out and is like yes I am still getting baptized tomorrow…AHHH! We all just Looked at each other and were near tears! We got all her papers signed out and she asked if Lucas could do it and I honestly have never seen anyone so happy! His story is amazing…..he is a convert of a year and his dad died when he was 9 and his mom like 7 months ago and he is an only child so he is so alone in his life and was way inactive for a while, but cleaned up and is way active now and worthy to do the Baptism!!! He is such a stud. Also the dad was there so we got to bond with him and invite him. After me and my comp walked out we literally took off running in the streets like holding hands together and singing life gave me lemonade – haha- it was honestly like a movie…..we have just never been so happy!!!!!’

So Saturday came around and the baptism was PERFECT! There were tons of members that came to support, and lots of her family and friends, and the spirit was so strong, and her and her mom was just bawling (happy tears) after when everyone was hugging her and welcoming her in the ward! It was SO tender!!! Then Sunday was way spiritual when she received the Holy Ghost and it was such a miracle and her DAD came!!!

So it was just such an amazing week!!!! Tiring but SO worth it - we were just SO happy and Marilyn is just shining!!!! I love this work so much with all my heart and let me tell you it is just exhausting, and very hard and discouraging and challenging at times but when it comes down to that day and you are able to see that person you have been working with for weeks or months all dressed in white, with just tears rolling down their cheeks, yes and just a shiny bright smile and countenance….every single part is worth it! I love being a missionary and love helping people come to understand and find the truth and happiness in this life! I love you all and hope you are having a good week! LOVE YOU MUCHO!!

Love, Hermana Pond

No comments:

Post a Comment