About Me

My photo
I am studying Psychology and Sociology at Utah Valley University, and working at a treatment center for troubled teens. I love life, being with people from all cultures, speaking Spanish, and traveling all over the world. I will never stop laughing, dancing, singing, enjoying, appreciating, and just being.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Shed some LIGHT

So I found some really good scriptures on Sunday that I posted on the blog and there was one I really like about light. 

(2 Corinthians 4:3-11)

 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
 In whom the agod of this bworld hath cblinded the dminds of them which ebelieve not, lest the flight of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the gimage of hGod, should shine unto them.
 For we apreach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your bservants for Jesus’ sake.
 For God, who acommanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath bshined in our hearts, to give the clight of the knowledge of the dglory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the apower may be of God, and not of us.
 We are atroubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in bdespair;
 aPersecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not bdestroyed;
 10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
 11 For we which live are alway delivered unto adeath for Jesus’ sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our bmortal flesh.

I love the thought of this and how important it is for us to shine light to others.  We are so blessed to be a part of this perfect gospel and we are given a duty to live that gospel and through living it, we can bring others to it by our light and example.  It is as if we were all sailing in the sea, in the dark and through the storms and wind, and we the members of the church are the light houses to attract the sailors and guide them towards the light so they can make it safe to land.  



But how do we get light and how do we make sure we always have it?  What can we do to always be seeking that divine light so we ourselves are happy as well as the people around us?  Are we not human too and do we not have storms and winds to deal with our self?  Can we both steer our own life boat as well as lead others with our light and personal testimony of Christ to safety?  It is a hard balance!

I had the opportunity to go to the temple of few times this month and I was just immediately covered and immersed completely in bright shining divine light.  Every time I step in, I feel the powerful reassurance that God lives and loves me and I can feel the presence of his heavenly angels filling my heart and mind with comfort and light.  I know that this is a place we can go, a peaceful, quiet, clean, calm place, where we can seek answers, strength, help, guidance, support, and love.  




I know that if we are seeking light we must cleave to light and always seek it in peaceful, quiet places where we can ponder, reflect, analyze, pray, be still, and invite the spirit. 

I always think another way we can obtain light is just by feeling gratitude.  I was reading a talk (Be of Good Cheer) that I just loved and it really made me grateful and happy for the things I have and the blessing and miracles I have seen in my life.  This gave me the chance to be more humble and patient and loving and I could invite the spirit and carry that light of his with me throughout my day and enjoy and be grateful for the things I did and the people I talk to.  I encourage you to read the whole thing, but here are some parts I liked from it!

“O God, Thou knowest I am blind. Thy servants have blessed me that my sight might return. Whether in Thy wisdom I see light or whether I see darkness all the days of my life, I will be eternally grateful for the truth of Thy gospel, which I now see and which provides the light of my life.”

 “Dear Heavenly Father, I do not know how I can go on. I have nothing left—except my faith in Thee. I feel, Father, amidst the desolation of my soul, an overwhelming gratitude for the atoning sacrifice of Thy Son, Jesus Christ. I cannot express adequately my love for Him. I know that because He suffered and died, I shall live again with my family; that because He broke the chains of death, I shall see my children again and will have the joy of raising them. Though I do not at this moment wish to live, I will do so, that we may be reunited as a family and return—together—to Thee.”

And I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year:
“Give me a light, that I may tread safely into the unknown!”
And he replied:
“Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the Hand of God.
That shall be to you better than [a] light and safer than a known way.” 7 
President Monson ending with the following words...
"I testify to you that our promised blessings are beyond measure. Though the storm clouds may gather, though the rains may pour down upon us, our knowledge of the gospel and our love of our Heavenly Father and of our Savior will comfort and sustain us and bring joy to our hearts as we walk uprightly and keep the commandments. There will be nothing in this world that can defeat us."
LET US SEEK LIGHT AND WHEN WE FIND IT, CLEAVE TO IT!  WE CAN SHINE OUR LIGHT TO ALL AND IF WE ARE GOING TO THE TEMPLE, BEING GRATEFUL, OR WHATEVER IT MAY BE, WE WILL NOT JUST SHED LIGHT TO THE LIVES OF THOSE AROUND US BUT WE WILL BE OUR OWN GUIDE AS WE STEER OUR OWN PERSONAL SHIPS SAFELY HOME.


No comments:

Post a Comment