About Me

My photo
I am studying Psychology and Sociology at Utah Valley University, and working at a treatment center for troubled teens. I love life, being with people from all cultures, speaking Spanish, and traveling all over the world. I will never stop laughing, dancing, singing, enjoying, appreciating, and just being.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 20th - BOM excitement!


Monday March 20th, 2011

Family and Friends!

I feel like I have been so weak with my emails lately…..I have just been so busy! But we have truly seen miracles here in my new area and I love my companion!

So funny awkward stories first - so this week we did intercambios with these other sister missionaries in a close area. Hermana Lopez from Buenos Aires came to my area, and it was honestly the most amazing day ever! She is such a solid missionary and has the most amazing testimony!!! We were hitting doors looking for people to teach and this one guy comes to the window to talk to us and he is PANTLESS...and I didn’t even notice until like after 5 minutes talking to him, and I like looked at my companion - soooo awkward - and we just walked away like crying laughing it was soooo funny……awk pantless encounters!

Also we were contacting this guy in his door and he was way good and way interested, and wanted to learn more about Joseph Smith, and my comp is like talking to him all about it, and his little dog like runs up to me and jumps INTO my skirt, and my skirt is stretchy and like pretty much pulls it all the way down; it was soooo awkward, and my comp was like trying not to laugh...yeah - way to ruin the spirit!

Also, we were helping the Relief Society set up for an activity, and they asked me to do the glasses of course - dumb me - like gets the smart idea, “hey this would look way cool if I stacked these”....MALO! So I am stacking like all these glasses and my comp is saying – don’t do it - and I was like, “Hey hermana, where is your faith?”
Right when I say that one small glass slips and ALL of them fall literally just like in the movies and the tower of glasses just goes crashing to the floor, as I was trying to like catch them...it was terrible...apparently my face was the best part. Me and my comp like cried and laughed together after, and lets just say the sisters told us they didn’t need anymore help after that...shoooot.

Also there is this poor area we work in - I call it trash land because the first time we were walking to it my comp literally pointed down this road of TRASH - that we had to walk through to get to it - I honestly thought it was a joke...ANYWAYS so we found this lady one day in the road and her name is ENAY....we ran into her in the streets twice, and she was so tender, like in overalls and a little hat and she invited us in and like everything we said she would just repeat, and I have no idea why but it was like the funniest lesson ever - me and my comp were laughing so hard we were crying...I was trying to teach her the actions of OLA, which is pray read and assist the church, and she like couldn’t do it - I have no idea - I guess you just had to be there, but we love Enay - I don’t think she will progress, but we pass a lot since we are always in the area. One day we passed and she was laying on a bed outside and literally looked like a dead person....it was out of control.

Also - I still haven’t talked about DIEGO!!! Oh my gosh - he is a member, and is going on a mission to Chile in like 2 weeks - and he is honestly the most amazing person I have ever met!!! He works with us like every day and is such a good missionary, and we are best friends. His story is soooo cool - he is so great…….I will have to tell it sometime when I can tell it in person, but anyway his little sister is getting baptized next week! Whoooo! -and yesterday was her interview and it was sooo chill haha like we just sat in the backyard as they had the interview, we all bonded and ate pomegranates, because they have a tree of them, and we got to talk to Lucas who is Diego’s brother, and his cute girlfriend who is deaf…….it is so sad, but she is a gem and I love her and feel we will teach her someday as well.

So - MIRACLES!!!! The day we were on intercambios with Hermana Lopez we knocked on this door, and it was this guy named Victor, and we were looking for his daughter, but she was sleeping, so we ended up talking to him. We talked about the gospel, and he started to get emotional, because he is looking for more peace, and a change in his life……and we committed him to be baptized! I looked him in the eyes and with all the Spanish I know promised him so much change and blessings through the gospel, and he just cried so much, and it was such a tender experience. The spirit is truly so amazing - how much we can communicate with people just through feeling the spirit. I just felt so much love for this man I had just met, and knew his situation, and I just testified with all my heart.

Also we were knocking doors one day, and found this girl named Carla and her mom Tina, and we have been teaching them, and its such a miracle, because they have been reading and praying and have really felt the spirit and know its true and want to go to church!!!

There is also this girl named Debra that I LOVE! She is the cutest thing- she is like 18, and has soooo many questions, and just loves to pray and loves when we sing her hymns, and we gave her a Book of Mormon, and she really wants to read it and go to church- but, she just started school, and never has time and is way busy, but we are praying for her and hope she can find the time. I love her! We bond - she reminds me of Camille’s friend Berlin.

So pretty much the mission is amazing - we truly see miracles every day - we are working sooooo hard, and even though this area is a little harder - we have faith and we know that if we do our part, God will do his. I love the mission so much and love teaching people about Christ. It is so hard for people to follow up on their commitments and I never realized how hard it is for people to do ANYTHING, and make changes, but I know that when we make sacrifices, and we make promises that we are going to do our part and find the time, and work hard and have faith, God will do his part and help us out and bless us!!!

I LOVE reading the Book of Mormon and can promise every single person that is reading this email that if you just take 10 minutes a day to read the Book of Mormon - you will be happier and find the answers to the questions you are looking for in life!! A quote I like is:

“We pray to God when we want to ask questions, and we read the Book of Mormon when we want to find answers.”

I LOVE YOU ALL WITH ALL MY HEART!!!!
Miss Youuuuuuuuuuu! Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment