About Me

My photo
I am studying Psychology and Sociology at Utah Valley University, and working at a treatment center for troubled teens. I love life, being with people from all cultures, speaking Spanish, and traveling all over the world. I will never stop laughing, dancing, singing, enjoying, appreciating, and just being.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Monday February 28th - Finally made it to Cordoba!


Monday Feb 28th, 2011

Family and Friends!!!

I don’t have much time to write since today was transfers, so this will probably be quick and I hope I can sum up all the good things that happened this past week.

So I completed my 6 months in the mission this week!! Whooo Hooooo! And my companion did as well - we have the same time in the mission, so it was fun to celebrate that together and we had our first baptism in the mission together!!! It was the best day of my life!!!!! It was Nico, and he is 13 and the most amazing kid ever, so faithful and has such a strong testimony. He is so stoked to be a member and serve a mission some day and he is just great! His mom and sister are going to get baptized this next weekend so we are so happy! I love their family so much - we bond - and every time we are all together there is just so much love, and I feel like I have known them forever! The baptism was so perfect……Nico was just beaming and the talks and the service were just so spiritual! I have never seen a happier kid, and after he was baptized he just kept looking over at me and smiling, and couldn’t stop talking about how happy and clean and content he felt! He always talks about how he can imagine when Christ will come with all the angels in the sky, and how beautiful it will be, and so I gave him a picture of Christ with all the angels in the sky…. and he loved it and put it in his school folder.

I cant even express how much I love this family! I feel so blessed to be able to know them. In church they all were there for his confirmation, and he loved his blessing and talked about how warm like a fire he felt right when the hands were placed on his head when he received the Holy Ghost, and he feels so protected. It was so precious!

Also another miracle that happened - Erwin came to church!! He was waiting for us all ready to go in the morning and it was such a miracle that he was even awake, let alone ready to go, and he loved it. Also - Osvualdo came to church! He moved out of the apartment with the lady he was living with and wants to prepare for baptism! He is so precious. When I told him I was leaving he started to cry and said he would never forget me and thanked me - it was so precious - I love him so much. Also we passed for Laura and Nico and their family last night before I left and it was SO fun- and right before we left Laura just hugged me really tight and looked at me and started to cry and said thank you for bringing her the gospel, and thanked me for teaching and helping her family. I just started to cry and said I would never forget them. Awe! It was so emotional and so tender.

So I am now in CORDOBA the city and my area is ROEDAL and my comp is Hermana ELLSWORTH- I am sooooooo excited - I already love it here, and I feel like we will have so much success and see tons of miracles together - we are like already best friends - I love her! I am sad I won’t be able to see the baptisms of the people I taught and prepared in Bellville or in Arroyito as well...but that’s how it goes in the mission, and I am just SO truly happy that I got to work with them and know them! What a blessing this work is! I love the mission so much and I can’t believe how much I am learning every day! Once again, it is another area for me, new companion, new people, new change, and new beginnings, but I am excited - and I am going to work as hard as possible and I have so much faith! I love you all and have a good week!!!!

Love, Hermana Pond

No comments:

Post a Comment