About Me

My photo
I am studying Psychology and Sociology at Utah Valley University, and working at a treatment center for troubled teens. I love life, being with people from all cultures, speaking Spanish, and traveling all over the world. I will never stop laughing, dancing, singing, enjoying, appreciating, and just being.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Opening my mission call.


On the way home from the airport about 3 weeks ago my family and I were all just chatting and my dad looks at me and says..."Jami i think your call is here". i laughed thinking he was kidding but he kept saying he had a feeling and we rushed home to the mail. i did not think this was it. there was no way. my dad and sister got the mail and of course pretended there was nothing there but then in front of my eyes they pulled out my call. i couldn't believe it. i started crying. i was so excited!!!!!! it was here. we all ran inside and i could hardly wait....my parents asked if they should invite people over but i told them i just wanted it to be our family. i was so nervous and couldn't stop getting emotional. i prayed by myself in private to bring the spirit into the home and in my heart. i was so antsy! nick my brother ran home with Kate his girlfriend in Utah once they heard the news and jumped on ichat or skype. i was freaking out. it was in my hands. everyone was waiting. i couldn't wait any longer and once nick was on the screen i started to open it....really slowly and everyone was so silent. right when i slipped the paper out of the envelope i looked right where i needed to(where it said i was going) and became very emotional...i then composed myself and looked at everyone smiling who were all just waiting for me to talk. i then read out "sister pond you are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. you are assigned to labor in the Argentina Cordoba mission". i just closed my eyes and cried i was so happy. everyone was cheering and freaking out and it was the most amazing and spiritual moments of my life. i cant even describe it. i was on a cloud and with angels all around me just in heaven. so happy. i am leaving august 25th. the crazy thing is my mom said at church that day she told people she thought i was going there and also guessed it right before i opened it! nick also guessed it to not knowing my mom had like right before i opened it! this was the one of the most spiritual moments of my life and i could not be more thrilled and ready to go. i have been waiting and preparing so long to go and it is finally here. my prayers have been answered. i am gong to learn Spanish. my life is bliss. i cant believe it. my mission touches where my brother served in Uruguay. this is all so surreal and i am sooo spiritually fed and satisfied. my testimony is already growing. i am in love with life and cannot wait to serve.

.....adios for now!

2 comments:

  1. i am so jealous. get ready for the best yr and a half of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cried reading this. Jami I am so happy for you and grateful for people like you, I wouldn't be where I am not without missionaries. You are going to change lives with the spirit. You're amazing. :) I love you and all missionaries!

    ReplyDelete