About Me

My photo
I am studying Psychology and Sociology at Utah Valley University, and working at a treatment center for troubled teens. I love life, being with people from all cultures, speaking Spanish, and traveling all over the world. I will never stop laughing, dancing, singing, enjoying, appreciating, and just being.

Sunday, June 20, 2010


“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” -Teilhard de Chardin



So I recently just finished a book called "The Messages" which is written by an LDS guy who had actually died and came back to life. It was such an inspirational book and I am so uplifted by the messages and things he had to say about heaven. He gets in a motorcycling accident and is in a very terrible condition where they did not think he would live again. He had to be put in coma for a long period of time after his surgery to heal. It was interesting because this man goes back to heaven and back into his body a few different times. The first time he goes into heaven, he describes it so pure and perfectly it is breath taking. I can only imagine the loveliness and beauty that awaits us up there. He describes that family members are always awaiting the veil for the people that die so they can welcome them with love and open arms. It is so incredible how many things that goes on in heaven and what peace and light surrounds each soul up there. with each spirit he encounters on his experience and for every place he is around, you are awed by how much the heavens and angels are involved in peoples life on earth and the things they can do for us. They are always with us and watching over us. I definitely think that heavenly father had a purpose for this individual so he could have this amazing experience and share it with the world so we are aware and understand the things that are in store for us and what we need to do to get there. One of my favorite parts of the book was at the end where he summed up everything he had learned from this incredible journey and what he felt he needed to teach the people of this earth from coming back. "There were many great and important lessons learned on my journey into the spirit world, but, perhaps the most important of all these was the message I was given concerning service. Service, as explained to me, is the action form of love. The command to "love one another" could have easily been worded, "if you love one another, then serve one another." "I was privileged to witness the paradise that existed in the spirit world, and I was taught that the principle of service had been one of the most important keys in forming such societies.i was through service that the hearts of the people had turned to one another and the "oneness" created. it required a devotion to God, as well. Service became the action form of that devotion and love towards God and others. With service, unity replaced selfishness, as each person became deeply committed to the good of the whole rather than their own self interests". This book honestly open my eyes to a paradise I desire to return to one day and motivates me to work to become a more righteous individual with the time I have on this earth. I am grateful for people like this guy who wrote the book that can share with us the neat and special encounters with heaven so we can get a glimpse of what it is like. I definitely think service is the key factor in the world that people need to live by to find pure happiness and joy. This will bring us together as brothers and sisters but also make us become more like our savior.

I recommend this book to anyone!!! Read it :)

1 comment:

  1. hey cute Jami! We miss you too!!!
    my blog is thechynowethfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete